Monday, June 19, 2006

The punting news II


I've got through on the phone and booked the punt, at last. It's going to be a very busy day, and they are already booked solid from 2-7 pm, so we had to take 1 pm. I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone! We'll leave from Mill Lane, just by where the knitters meet Saturdays. Plan to get there around 12:45, so we can all find each other. There are a few names I don't know any faces for, but we will all have our needles and yarn as calling cards, so I hope there won't be any trouble!
The cost is 11 pounds a person, payable to me, Mary. Please don't all give me twenties! I'll try to have some change, but of course, exact money is always appreciated.
And there will be prizes! At least one prize, anyways... If anyone wants to give a ball of yarn or something, bring it along, and we'll draw names to win.
See you there!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

so sad that I can't come. do you think that someone should warn the naked punter who's been spotted recently that there'll be a bunch of knitters with sharp implements on the rive?

3:58 pm  
Blogger Mary deB said...

tee hee!
Should we make a plan about apres-punt activities, like drinking?? Liz can't make the actual punting either, but could meet us somewhere after.

7:06 pm  
Blogger Mary deB said...

We've had one person have to cancel, so if anyone has a friend who'd like to join, let me know! Otherwise, bwa-ha-ha, I'll fill the space with a kid of mine!

1:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home