Sunday, June 03, 2007

knitting picnic in Bury St Edmunds on Saturday 9 June

As you may have heard, Saturday 9 June is Worldwide Knitting in Public Day. And the Bury St Edmunds Stitch'n'Bitch group have invited us to join them for a knitting picnic!

If you'd like to come (and I'm going, see below for details of buses from Drummer Street), the coordinates are:

Abbey Gardens, Bury St Edmunds (on the grass just to the right of the main Abbey gates), 12 noon-2pm. Bring your knitting and a picnic.

I'm going to be catching a stagecoach bus (the number 11) from Drummer Street at 9.45 am, arriving in Bury St E at 10.50am, then strolling round for a bit. There's another bus at 10.45, arriving 11.50am for anyone who likes a lie-in but doesn't mind a dash from the bus station to the abbey gardens...

Rosie (who no longer works Saturdays, yipee!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Thanks for posting this. Have knitted for years, lived in BSE for years, and had no idea this was happening!

7:11 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

Hi C, must admit I'd not heard of the Bury St Edmunds stitch'n'bitch group until Eleanor emailed me about this event. See you on Saturday...

5:49 pm  
Blogger Christina S said...

Hiya, I thought I'd give this event a mention on my blog - a reader emailed me about this post. I haven't heard of the stitch n bitch group before and I like the sound of them!! Do they have a site/blog? Or can you give me some contact details for them?

Hope the event goes well - the Abbey Gardens will be a great place to stitch and bitch ;-)

Ruby x

ruby_in_bury@yahoo.co.uk

11:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rosie.
We - Claire and I - will be coming to the WIKIP event. We will see you at the bus stop at said time. We are really looking forward to this event. Hope to catch up with all the gossip of your new job while we travel on the bus.
Carole and Claire

8:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home